The CENTRALE.lab, which opened in October 2015, is the laboratory space of the CENTRALE, the centre for contemporary art in the City of Brussels, and is dedicated to young plastic artists based in Brussels. Situated at 16 Place Sainte-Catherine, a few steps away from the CENTRALE, the CENTRALE.lab is a place for multidisciplinary experimentation encompassing painting, photography, sculpture, video, installation, illustration, drawing, textiles, etc. This exhibition space of 70 m² (spread across two floors), situated right in the city centre, is offering the opportunity to 6 selected candidates to organise their first personal exhibition lasting 6 weeks. The initiative reflects the desire of the Aldermanship for Culture in the City of Brussels, to support emerging creative talent.
The call will enable the programme for the October 2018 to end 2019 season to be finalised. In addition to offering an institutional diffusion channel, the CENTRALE will also take care of:
- Promoting the exhibition within the CENTRALE’s general communication
- Production of a text by an art critic
- Helping and advising with the installation of the exhibition by a CENTRALE team member
But also :
- The provision of the space
- Financial and logistical support for the exhibition worth 1.000 EUR
- Professional photographic coverage
- The production of post cards and posters
- The organisation of the vernissage and the distribution of electronic invitations
- Surveillance guard (the artist can welcome him/her self the visitors during the weekends)
A jury of art professionals will take care of the selection. Preference will be given to projects related to the issues of contemporary creation, conceived for the place in question and taking into account its characteristics.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
To participate, it has to be your first personal exhibition, you must be 35 years or younger and resident of the Brussels-Capital Region. Only COMPLETE submissions comprising the following will be accepted:
1. Personal details (download the form here) + artistic CV (Word/PDF format)
2. A general introduction to the work (Word/PDF format)
3. A description and a memo on the concept of the envisaged exhibition (+ possibly installation plan, etc.)(Word/PDF format)
4. A minimum of 10, high quality visuals (jpeg format)*
Deadline for submission
09 February 2018
to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of the submission is exclusively via Wetransfer or equivalent.
Paper submissions are not accepted.
*Links back to Internet sites as the only visual source will not be taken into consideration !
Place Sainte-Catherine 16 – 1000 Bruxelles